What is an internship?
An internship is the opportunity to gain experience in the Australian workforce and to dramatically increase your employability potential.
How does the internship program work?
The internship program includes a 12 week (generally) work placement where you will be able to use your skills in the workforce. This work is on a full-time or part-time basis and can be flexible to suit your availability.
Why do an internship?
Internships are the best way to expose you to Australian workplaces and workplace culture. University gives you skills and knowledge, but does not give you the opportunity to use these in reality. Internships give you practical experience and can often lead to secure employment.
The reality is that most businesses want to hire people who already have some sort of professional experience. So the challenge is how to get that first opportunity. Well, internships are the perfect way for your to gain that first crucial stint in your profession that will improve your employability potential dramatically. This is includes the high number of interns that end up in full time positions with their internship host company.
Why apply through Outcome.Life?
Outcome.Life offers a support system before your placement and while you are undertaking your internship. As part of Outcome.Life, and becoming part of our community, we offer the following additional services:
- Coaching on the best type of internship for you
- Preparation for your interviews
- Support to make sure your objectives are being met
- Connect you into our community of professionals, employers, businesses and alumni
- Access to our network of start-ups
- Discounts to events, seminars and lunches with inspirational guest speakers
- Assistance in getting a job at the end of your internship
- Training on particular programming languages or accounting software
Are you ready to start your Internship or just need some further information? Get in touch with us today to reach your desired outcome sooner!